Thursday, January 14, 2010

Swap Goodies: The Random Swap

The last big crafting swap I did was the Random Swap. I got a whole boat load of random goodness from my fabulous partner, dinosaur.collective:

If I picked favorites in swap packages, these would be way at the top of the list. They're small hand painted pieces of Max making mischief of one kind and another! I loved Where The Wild Things Are as a kid (not only because my mom is one of the best read-alouders ever), and now I love reading it to the bug. She's starting to get into it and roars her terrible roar right along with the wild things. Honestly, I would have been completely happy if these were the only thing she sent!

But of course, those weren't all that she sent. The bug sleeps with this elephant every night. I love his musical ears!

And she carved me a lino block jellyfish. I'm pretty ashamed to admit that I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

And, a matryoshka pin cushion. I almost feel bad to poke pins into it, but it's great to get things that I love and that are usable.

I have to say, I'm super impressed with the folks on Craftster who organize craft swaps like this. I have absolutely loved all of my partners, I feel like I couldn't ask for better matches. Everything I made in this swap, I could have just as easily made to keep for myself, and some of it I almost couldn't bear to part with (like my very first completed altered book), but knowing that it was going to someone who would love it as much as I did made it a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails