Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I spy with my little eye...

An Eye Spy Bag!

So, I've been doing horrible the past couple months at posting at least once a week, but this year I joined the 50 Projects a Year 2010 on Craftster. 50 projects means pretty much one project every week, so I'm hoping this will motivate me to get some things that have been sitting around my work space finished (and give me some projects to post on this here crafty blog, so win/win).

It's basically a bag full of trinkets and whimsies and poly pellets (usually used to stuff dolls and things that need a little weight). I tried to pick things she loves, like a ladybug, a bumblebee, a butterfly (see why I call her my bug??), various animals, stars, hearts, green leafs, altogether there are 55 things in this puppy! I'm hoping it will be a great thing to have in airports, doctors' offices, road trips, to keep her busy.

I think at this point, I like playing with it more than the bug. She'll play for a minute or two, but then she really wants me to open it so she can get at all the goodies inside! And who wouldn't? Look at this treasure trove!
The back of the card has all of the items in the bag written out, just in case a child (or grown up) who can read wants to play.

Part of the fun was picking out the fabric. I must have spent at least half an hour looking for the perfect ones, putting things back, matching things up. I'm quite happy with my choices though, because this owl fabric was my favorite! And the bug does a mean owl impression.
Now I want to make one for every kid I know! (Ok, that's a lie, but now that I know how easy it is, I'm really excited to have some hand made gifts ideas for the kids in my life, especially since another goal of mine is a completely hand made Christmas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails